THE CLASSIC BOOK ON STAGE
Students will be enthralled with this new adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s books Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass, performed at your school. They will follow Alice down the rabbit hole to:
- participate in this interactive, fun and poetic production.
- meet characters including the White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter and his friends, and the Red Queen and King.
- be inspired about reading and learning English.
Integrated Curriculum Learning
Alice in Wonderland:
- as a text from another country and time, is suggested as a ‘classic text’ for all K-6 by the Board of Studies
- is included in the Premier’s Reading Challenge.
- addresses all three strands of language, literature and literacy.
- uses a range of spoken language and dramatic forms such as monologue, dialogue and audience participation in an enjoyable and interesting way.
- demonstrates different literary forms including narration, poetry and song.
Drama and Music
- listen, respond to and participate in purpose-written, original music
- experience theatrical techniques, including narration, theatrical symbols, characterisation and dramatic climax
- observe tension, pace, dialogue and movement
A free teaching pack with stage appropriate exercises also includes backing music from the production.
DATES AND COST
|Dates||Terms 2 and 3.
For specific dates, please see our calendar page.
|Cost||$630 for up to 90 students (plus GST). Extra students $7 each. Maximum 250 students per performance|
|Length||1 hour including 10 mins Q&A|
Drama workshops and playwright seminars
We also offer both drama workshops with our actors after the performance, and seminars with award winning author and playwright Wendy Blaxland.
For more information, please visit the workshops and seminars page.
School testimonials about Blaxland and Daughter productions.
“Most enjoyable! Very Entertaining! Excellent characters. Children laughed, listened and gained lots. Whole production was so professional. Easy to listen to. Music, dialogue and acting all excellent.”
Blacktown South Public School
“The children have learnt so much from your presentation. The play had humour as well as knowledge for them to go away with. We were delighted they all were so engaged.”
Our Lady of the Nativity School
“Perfect….Great Q&A at end for production ideas for our own class play. Thanks!”
Blue Mountains Steiner
To keep up-to-date with the latest news please sign up to our newsletter. For school enquiries please fill out the enquiry form below.
HOW TO BOOK
(02) 7901 1920
Please fill out the booking form and return it to Jessica@blaxlandanddaughter.com.
For more information please fill out the form below and someone will be in contact within 48 hours.